Standin' on the corner and signifyin;

from Strange Lovin' Blues album or
Classic Blues Women, Rhino

Little Drops of Water
by Edith Johnson

====
Little drops of water
Great big grains of sand
Little drops of water
Great big grains of sand
If you don't do right, Papa
May have to change to another man.

I often wonder
Will there come a time
I often wonder
Will there come a time
I can get somebody else
To take you off'n my mind

[INSTRUMENTAL] I wouldn't have a Morganstreet man
Tell you why
I wouldn't have no Morganstreet man
Tell you the reason why
Don't need no man * mine
Standin' on the corner
And signify.

Now just to keep down trouble
Believe I better go
Just to keep down trouble
Believe I'd better go
Get you another woman
Don't want me no mo'

Get your hand on a dollar
Get you mine on another town
Get your hand on a dollar
Get your mind on another town
Too good a woman
Can't let no good man
Pull me down.

--Edith Brown



TIMESTAMP:: 111901

Comments

  1. YOU ARE A RESISTER
    OF THE MIC?
    PUT YOUR MONEY,
    just $19.95,
    WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS.

    ~~~~

    My name is COLUMN COLUMN
    Paul S 'LEPTON' Taney.
    I am descended from
    CJSC RBT'S BROTHER
    WHO WAS ASPASSINATED
    -- AS MY DEAR FATHER, JAT ÏÏÏ
    AND BROTHER, JAT IV,
    WERE -- the Toneis, flagbearers at

    the Battle of Hastings, 1066,

    THIRTY~THREE
    (INTEGER THIRTY~THREE)
    ---> 33
    ...generations of
    MALE CHILDREN.

    Sanskrit KYSHATRI DOT

    AND my family line
    (has been / IS BEING ) EX~
    TINGUISHED by the Langley
    and N/ASA arms, mi~6, ofthe
    (EXPAND MIC) --->military industrial complex.

    My cousin by marriage,
    CIA / DHS DCI GT TS,
    has been unable or unwilling
    (sgt:: 88)
    to help me. So I am app~
    pkp.380 ~pealling to you,

    ASCII BEFP ---> >>>007.0

    Johnny Q, for support. Please send $19.95 to me at

    The Vanaprastha,
    Box 124
    Poolesville, Maryland, USA 20839

    AND I WILL SEND YOU
    OR email YOU A XEROXED
    PAGE OF ONE OF MZ PHILO~
    SOPHY OF CS, PSYCHO~
    THERAPY OR BRAINSCIENCE BOOKS. Selected for YOU! by my Guardian Angel, Raphael. Read our book, __starseed__ by RAPHAEL

    यतो धर्मस्ततो जयः॥ (Yato dharmas tato jayah)
    Whence law (dharma), thence victory. (Sanskrit)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts