_I Was There_ by Rickie Lee Jones

_I Was There_, Rickie Lee Jones is playing on _Rad.io Free Tibet_

Take my advice; It doesn't
get easier watching the
golden orbs floating out
of the bars. And into
space there's Frank Sinatra on
_jukeboxfury_

[...]

He walks on the beach
and now he walks; And he keeps
walking 'til he's out of reach;

Every generation watches the
princes of their nation file away

Every, every Madonna means so
Little to the next one.

We ran together down the
Sa[m sig] Santa Monica Boulevard, oh baby
You look so hard, so fine
And my second-hand capella
All that night I said, Oo hoo...
I said, Oo hoo oo hoo...

There you are in your
white dress shirt most of all
I think I loved your hands

I loved them so much that
it hurt and all the bartenders
knew your name...
And all the pimps knew your car
and we lay by the Nazz

And we were blessed yes, we are
You tell them I was there hey
I was there, man, I was there
When Jesus walked
I was there when Jesus walked

Now I don't know what happened,
what happened was Babylon
and that little Sheba
With her Siren song and
the planets swirling

Where no one's ugly and
everyone's square
no one's ugly and
everyone's square

There's no such place
I heard such peach when he
played those traps [I take the bait.]
[sumbody's got to do IT...

I heard such peace when
He looked out at the map

And it ran through me and
echoed into another time
and space and place

And it ran through me
way on back in time
way on up is fine

Way one back in time was on
up is fine way on back in time

Take my advice and go
throw it away it's gonna
do you no good until you
blow for good

Cause you are there man
you are there don't you know

You are there where Jesus walked,
every generation, yeah
the princes of their nation

Well, I'm ugly, too. No, no
you're not beautiful, no,
you're ugly too; Cause
you've been travelling in
so many universes and you
manifest here

It's difficult to see
who you are Brother
I didn't realize that you were
talking to me until you
broke that bread and
I saw that you were

Where have you been that
you don't know what's been
going on here in Jerusalem

Haven't you heard, haven't you
heard about the Nazarene,
you know? We thought we were
gonna set Israel free.

-- Rickie Lee Jones

This is the FOO reporting from the Western Lake? Exiled

Comments

Popular Posts